德克萨斯州立法机构在1987年颁布了一项反欺辱法. The state law provides penal sanctions in the event of a conviction of hazing. 根据这律法, individuals or organizations engaging in hazing could be subject to fines and charged with a criminal offense.
被欺侮 on the part of students, faculty or staff is strictly forbidden, whether on or off campus. Texas Woman’s University students are expected to be partners in fulfilling the mission of the University by creating and maintaining standards within student groups, teams and organizations that are conducive to personal growth and development. 如果学生团体, teams and organizations are to play an integral part in the University’s plan, they must set standards that encourage each individual to achieve his or her greatest potential. 被欺侮 is the antithesis of this goal because it results in diminishing an individual’s pride and self-esteem. The University will take disciplinary action against individuals and/or groups who are involved in hazing activities. Such disciplinary action may be taken independently of state or local prosecutorial actions.
州法律将欺辱定义为“任何故意的”, 明知或鲁莽行为, 校园内的:发生在教育机构校园内或校园外的, 独自一人或与他人共同行动, 为了宣誓而针对一个学生, 被引入, 加入到, 任职于, or maintaining membership in an organization whose members are or include students at an educational institution if the act:
- 有鞭打之类的身体虐待吗, 打, 引人注目的, 品牌, 电子令人震惊, 在身体上放置有害物质, 或类似活动;
- 包括睡眠剥夺, 暴露在自然环境中, 禁闭在狭小的空间里, 健美操, or other similar activity that subjects the student to an unreasonable risk of harm or that adversely affects the mental or physical health or safety of the student;
- 包括对某种食物的消费, 液体, 酒精饮料, 酒, 药物, or other substance which subjects the student to an unreasonable risk or harm or which adversely affects the mental or physical health or safety of the student;
- 有没有诱发的活动, causes or requires the student to perform a duty or task which involves a violation of the Penal Code.
- Involves coercing the student to consume a 药物 or an 酒精饮料 or 酒 in an amount that would lead a reasonable person to believe that the student is intoxicated.
- Solicits, encourages, directs, aids, or attempts to aid another in engaging in hazing
- Has firsthand knowledge of the planning of a specific hazing incident involving a student in an educational institution, or has firsthand knowledge that a specific hazing incident has occurred, and knowingly fails to report said knowledge in writing to 学生生活办公室, the 文明和社区标准办公室s or other appropriate entity or official of the institution
The law does not restrict the right of Texas Woman’s University to enforce its own rules against hazing, and the University will take disciplinary action for conduct that constitutes hazing regardless of whether public authorities prosecute students under the state hazing law.
Because hazing is anathema to the culture at Texas Woman’s University, the expectations regarding student behavior and hazing exceed the expectations under state law. 鼓励学生熟悉 TWU欺辱政策.
The disciplinary actions assigned/determined in a particular case will vary dependent on the nature of the conduct involved, the circumstances and conditions that existed at the time and the results that followed such conduct.
- Bar against readmission or drop from current enrollment and bar against readmission
- Revocation of degree, denial of degree and/or withdrawal of diploma
为了鼓励人们举报欺辱事件, the court may grant immunity from civil or criminal prosecution to any person reporting a specific hazing incident involving a student in an educational institution to the 文明和社区标准办公室s, 学生生活办公室, 或TWU其他适当的官员. A person reporting their own act of hazing or reporting in bad faith or with malice is not protected by this section.
呈报人: The University provides amnesty to Reporting Parties who may be hesitant to report incidents to University officials because they fear that they themselves may be accused of minor policy violations, 比如未成年人饮酒, 在事故发生的时候. Educational options may be explored, but no conduct proceedings or discipline will result.
给那些提供帮助的人:鼓励学生为他人提供帮助和帮助, University pursues a policy of amnesty for minor violations when students offer help to others in need. 由文明办公室主任决定 & 社区标准或指定的指定人员, amnesty may also be extended on a case-by-case basis to the person receiving assistance. Educational options may be explored, but no conduct proceedings or discipline will result.
针对那些报告和/或目睹严重侵权行为的人: 学生 who are engaged in minor violations but who choose to bring related serious violations by others to the attention of the University are offered amnesty for their minor violations. Educational options may be explored, but no conduct proceedings or record will result. Abuse of amnesty can result in a decision by the Director for the Office of 礼貌 & 社区标准 not to extend amnesty to the same person repeatedly.
按照要求 德州教育法典, the following organization(s) have been disciplined for hazing and/or convicted for hazing as of the last three years when the sanction was complete.
Delta Sigma Theta姐妹会 - 处罚于2020年6月30日发布
报告欺辱行为, please contact the 文明和社区标准办公室s at 940-898-2968 or 报告事故. 本备忘录所载的资料可于 文明和社区标准办公室 网站.